New Neighborhoods is seeking an experienced affordable housing (HUD & LIHTC) Occupancy Specialist for an immediate opening in Stamford, Connecticut. Must have a bachelor’s degree, industry certifications, and a minimum of 3-years’ experience in a similar position. Fluent in Spanish, or other foreign language preferred.
New Neighborhoods is a nonprofit affordable housing development, property management and resident-centered service organization. Since 1967, we have been committed to improving the quality of life in our towns and cities with affordable housing and social services that provide a safety net and springboard to economic self-sufficiency for families, veterans and retirees.
The Occupancy Specialist position is responsible for assuring that New Neighborhoods properties operate within all compliance requirements for new leases and within the recertification process of our tenants. In addition, the Occupancy Specialist reports to the Property Manager of the assigned properties and assists in all facets of property management, tenancy, compliance and operations as needed.
New Neighborhood’s goal is to support the long-term growth of our employees and successful
Occupancy Specialists are highly considered for future advancement within our organization.
Job Responsibilities – Including but not limited to the following:
- Consistently provide residents, vendors and employees with the highest quality of
- Process initial, annual and interim recertification’s in addition to retroactive rent- calculations while conforming to HUD, LIHTC, Affirmative Fair Housing regulations and guidelines, as well as Federal, State and City government regulations and
- Regularly communicates with tenants as needed and assist applicantswith inquiries and questions regarding LIHTC, HUD, compliance and affordable housing
- Ensure regulatory compliance, annual re-certifications and annual filing as it pertains to Section 42 LIHTC properties tax credit recertification processes, RAP, DECD and HUD project based and choice
- Handle income and rent calculations for tenants using HUD and LIHTC
- Receive and process rent collections and delinquencies, late notices and posting
- Participate in training including LIHTC, Compliance, Fair Housing, HUD, NCHM, CHFA, DOH, and other training seminars as requested by your
- Train and assist other employees with occupancy, recertification and other related
- Understanding VAWA and Fair Housing
- Criminal Background, Credit Check and EIV coordination, review and
- MOR Review and
- Provide coverage for Property Managers, Assistant Property Managers, or other New Neighborhoods personnel as needed during changes in workflow and personnel during vacations and/or other extended
- Other duties as assigned by your supervisor or senior management as
Education, Experience, Skills and Other Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Must have a minimum of three years of initial, annual and interim recertification experience with HUD properties and/or Tax Credit properties in Compliance and/or as an affordable housing property
- Must have excellent computer skills as well as proficiency in the following software programs: Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to advocate, organize, problem-solve and
- Strong written and oral interpersonal and communication
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and complex operational
- Strong time management, follow up, administrative and organizational
- Ability to work independently, organizes tasks, manage time and prioritize
- Experience with Property Management (Real Page, Yardi, Boston Post, etc.)
- Propertymanagement experience and certifications a plus (COS, TSC, LIHTC).
- Connecticut Real Estate license
- Ownership of an automobile and a valid driver’s license required strongly
Full-Time, forty (40) hours per work week
Vacation Pay, Personal Days, Holiday Pay, Sick Time, 401k, Health Care, Vision & Dental
To apply send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com